The Marketing Manager supports the sales goals of the wholesale and ecom team by executing the global IMC campaign across all regions, oversee wholesale specific marketing & management of PR. The goal of this role will be to create relevance, brand heat and demand within the industry and our consumers.
- Maintain and manage the marketing budget - achieve goals without exceeding budgetary limits
- Communicate and implement Global IMC marketing plan and creative direction, in all regions, in support of key accounts and target distribution.
- Develop a relationship with Palladium HQ in Lyon France to facilitate communication of vision and creative direction, gain understanding of creative direction and implement cohesive campaigns as needed for regional assets and initiatives.
- Work closely with all business managers to ensure that all wholesale opportunities are fulfilled each season
- Provide ecom with marketing support through IMC and regional assets according to the calendar and needs
- Develop 1 well timed, national collaboration per year that connects with national retailers and achieves goals for sell-in and sell through
- Plan 1-3 events per year in support of key accounts to drive awareness, sales, and enthusiasm for the brand
- Work in partnership with the greater team towards common goals
- Various other tasks and duties as needed and assigned
- Serve as the key liaison to external PR agency to create and execute annual PR strategic plans; oversee seasonal agency briefing, provide key assets and templates to global partners, and manage PR calendar & strategy.
- Develop strong relationships on behalf of the brand with key partners (e.g. publications, influencers, celebrities, athletes, etc.) to ensure brand is always top of mind and able to capitalize on editorial opportunities
- Define and deliver on measurable KPIs with continuous feedback on performance and access to key data, tying upper funnel initiatives to business goals.
- Manage the day-to-day PR and events budget, including monthly updates with brand marketing leadership, finance and marketing to identify run rate, issues and options.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a marketing position in a mid-size to large company.
- Experience in the footwear industry, a plus.
- Great project management skills, able to create project plans and manage deadlines.
- Self-motivated – proven track record for developing & executing new initiatives
- Passionate and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Team player, able to work with diverse personalities. Comfortable in fast-changing, fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Solid written communication skills and demonstrated high comfort level with public speaking and presenting to small and larger groups.
- Solid understanding of regional markets
Create and execute demand plan utilizing best practice forecasting techniques. Develop recommended buy plan based on demand plan, current inventory flow, and order requirements. Provide insight through reporting and analysis of K-Swiss business.
- Develop pre-season SKU-level operational forecasts during product line reviews within the K-Swiss business
- Build in-season statistical monthly demand forecasts at style-color level based on strategic category revenue and profitability goals, market conditions and opportunities, marketing, customer bookings/sell-through, category trends, key accounts and growth plans
- Recommend buy plan based on in-season demand forecast, safety stock requirements, and qualitative factorsConfirm ex-factory dates with production team and adjust as needed
- Post season review to compare pre-season forecast with actual forecasts & buys
- Build analysis and insights into the K-Swiss business to share with product, merchandising, and sales team & recommend product line adjustments or drops to the business
- Proven analytical and process-driven skills
- Strong working knowledge of excel & basic statistical demand planning models
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and multitasking
- Success working in a matrix environment
- Experience in SKU level and category level planning
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to compile and analyze large sets of data
- Strong organizational skills: ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate persuasively, influentially, and responsibly across a cross-functional team
- Excels in team environments and in building/developing strong interpersonal relationships, while maintaining an individual determination to accomplish goals
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
- Integrated Planning
- Manages the strategy development and execution of production, planning, purchasing, and transportation functions
- Understanding of Go-To-Market Process
- Lead and build demand & supply planning team into high performing analytically driven individuals
- Develop & own supply chain analytics and reporting
- Implement best practice solutions in planning, logistics, warehousing, and purchasing
- Oversee master data management on product information
- Implement new solutions for vendor PO management, logistics, master data system, and planning tools for SAP
- Negotiate contracts for freight forwarders
- Work effectively across the organization with sales operations, product, merchandising, and marketing to meet overall strategic goals of the company locally & globally
- Lead team of 5 within the integrated planning department
Product Development Responsibilities
- Use current relationships and connections for factory and raw material sourcing in China and other countries including Vietnam, Indonesia, Brazil, and Mexico
- Expertise in footwear manufacturing process including best practices, quality control, and execution of production process
- Understanding of global export, duty, and import implications within the supply chain
- Develop relationships with new factories, maintain relationships, and advise local China team on strategy of the Brands
- Understanding of compliance in labor, health, safety, anti-corruption, environmental, etc.
- Develop effective costing models with global product team margins and improve efficiencies in production
- Travel to Asia and South America to review seasonal line plans with factories, negotiate FOB’s, and deliver strategic objectives to our factories to better partner with the Brands.
- 12+ years of overall experience in sourcing, costing, integrated planning, logistics
- 7 years minimum footwear operations & product development/sourcing experience
- Experience building and managing a high performing team
- Passionate about footwear
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed, and resourceful
- You thrive in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience implementing supply chain processes
- Proven experience working and negotiating with apparel and/or footwear factories
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Willing to travel internationally
- Must be based or willing to relocate to HQ Office in Los Angeles area in a hybrid work environment (3 days office/2 remote)
- Mandarin as a second language preferred
- Applying sustainability practices within supply chain
KSGB is an equal opportunity employer and if you need any assistance during the recruitment process please alert your recruiter. If you are interested in and qualified for any of the following roles please send your resume to: careers@KSGB.com and list the title in the subject line. Thank you and we look forward to learning more about you and sharing more about us!